IJsselstein, Saturday, 14 January 2012 23:35:45
|Beach on Lapining Island|
In the early part of the 19th century, the island was only indicated on maps as Lapinig Grande with six regular barrios: Pitogo, Aguining, Basiao, Bonbonon, Gaus and Tugas as part of Ubay town.
Late Cong. Teodoro Galagar of the 3rd Congressional District of the province of Bohol, initiated the convertion of Lapining Grande into a town. Aguining, Pitogo and Bonbonon were the barangays in the running for township. Pitogo won the race, as it has a safe port and was closer to Ubay and Cebu.
On June 21, 1969, RA 5864 was approved creating Pitogo as the 46th town of the province of Bohol with 23 regular barangays. Eight years later, on November 4, 1977, its name was changed to Pres. P. Garcia by virtue of Presidential Decree 2828.
Pres. Carlos P. Garcia Municipal Hospital is a government owned hospital and has a capacity of 10 beds. Dr. Ethel H. Dacalos-Palatan - Chief of Hospital
|Pres. Carlos P. Garcia Municapal Hospital|
Address: Poblacion, 6346 Pres. Carlos P. Garcia, Bohol, Philippines
|President Garcia at a glance|
|Number of households (2000):||4062|
|Land area:||6528 ha|
|Number of barangays:||23|
|Distance from Tagbilaran:||130 km|
|Barangay||Population (2000)||Households (2000)||Population (2010)||Population (2015)|
|San Jose (Tawid)||937||196||1109||1186|
(Based on figures from the census of 2000, 2010, and 2015 from PSA)
Jeroen Hellingman and Rodelyn Gallo Hellingman