IJsselstein, Saturday, 14 January 2012 23:50:12
Sikatuna is an interior town located 6.5 kilometers from Corella and 16.6 kilometers from Tagbilaran City. It was named after the famous Bohol Chief who made a blood compact with Legazpi in 1565.
Sikatuna was established as a town by Executive Order No. 88 issued by Gov. Gen. Francis Burton Harrison on December 5, 1917. It used to be called Comago, then a barrio of Alburquerque. During World War II, it was made an evacuation center by the people of its neighboring towns. When the Japanese learned of this, they put up a garrison in the municipal building. The guerrillas did not attack the garrison in order not to expose the civilians to the danger of reprisal.
Sikatuna celebrate its town fiesta on the 13th of June in honor of St. Anthony de Padua]
|Sikatuna at a glance|
|Number of households (2000):||1177|
|Land area:||2675 ha|
|Number of barangays:||10|
|Distance from Tagbilaran:||17 km|
|Barangay||Population (2000)||Households (2000)||Population (2010)||Population (2015)|
(Based on figures from the census of 2000, 2010, and 2015 from PSA)