Vietnamese Spring Rolls
IJsselstein, Thursday, 12 August 2004 (updated: Wednesday, 5 October 2005)
For dip sauce:
|2 cups||soy sauce
|2 cups seasoned||Rice vinegar
|1/2 cup minced||Ginger
|1 1/4 cup||Sesame oil
|2 tablespoons|| Chili oil
|2 tablespoons||Granulated white sugar
For Spring Rolls:
|8 cups shredded|| Napa cabbage
|4 ounce uncooked||Rice vermicelli
|4 cups peeled and julienned|| carrots
|1 julienned||Jalapeño chile
|4 cups seeded, deveined, and julienned|| Red bell pepper
|4 cups cleaned and minced||Green onions
|35 pieces||Spring rolls/Lumpia wrappers
- In a non-metallic bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dipping sauce. Set aside.
- Soften the noodles by immersing in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain well. Bring a pot of water to boil. Blanch the snow peas and then shock them in an ice bath. Drain and set aside.
- Combine all the vegetables with 1/2 cup of the sauce. Check for seasoning. Wash and pick off the leaves of the basil, cilantro, and the mint.
- Dampen a stack of tea towels. Carefully mist the spring roll wrappers one at a time and separate each of them with a damp tea towel. Allow to rest about 5 minutes.
- Carefully peel off the wrappers, one at a time, and lay on a clean work surface in front of you. Place 3 cilantro leaves, 2 mint leaves, and 1 basil leaf on the wrapper.
- Drain the vegetables. Place a small pile of vegetables and a small amount of the softened noodles on top of the leaves.
- Tuck in the sides of the roll and roll up tight, like a burrito. Cover the finished rolls with another damp tea towel and wrap tightly with plastic. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
Thanks to Yeye Sagusay for sharing this recipe.
Be the first to comment on this article
We reserve the right to remove or edit comments posted on this website. Please read our conditions of use for details. You can use <i>italics</i>, <b>bold</b>, <p> new paragraph, <a href="url">link</a>. Other markup will be removed. Use of the forums for advertising is prohibited. Enterprises located in Bohol can request to be added to the business directory.