Bared... In case of fire, what would you save first?
Tagbilaran, Monday, 7 March 2011
- Baji, an all-Boholana Arts Exhibit will be on March 7-28, 2011. Interested female literary and visual artists can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Can the Panglao Oasis Islands harness and sustain Bohol's vast tourism potential? Catch the news on GMA News TV (Channel 11)'s Brigada Siete on March 7. Tina Panganiban-Perez will report the real story about the project patterned after the luxurious Palm Islands in Dubai. In the 1990s, the late Louie Beltran mentored some of today's most trusted journalists in Brigada Siete, including multi-awarded broadcast icon Jessica Soho. Now, it is Jessica's turn to guide the next generation of reporters: in the new Brigada! Before their stories air, the reporters will brief Jessica Soho on how they developed their reports. Jessica Soho will act as informal judge, asking questions, assessing the gathered evidence and, at the end of every broadcast, sharing her thoughts on the reports.
- "From sociable to shy-type, from aggressive to mahinhin type, that is how she changed her personality," shares the high profile and socialite Lady J who attended the birthday bash of a who's who in Tagbi. "We are all surprised because she is not the person we all know. She has to behave and act like another person," says VRS. "I have only 3 reasons why she's behaving that way: she has to fit for the group where is not used to, she has to behave to please her monster in-laws, and she is just ashamed of guy of her past. Di jud bagay," adds VRS.
- Could it be true that the love relationship of the daughter of a town mayor and her (long-time) boyfriend is heading for splitsville? "Yes, the daughter who is running her own business now has her heart broken into pieces," says a close friend. "She is crying a river, I feel sorry for her," adds the friend. Breakups or the loss of a relationship can bring on intense heartache. You're life is taking on a new turn. Enjoy it!
- It's not Halloween but a group of tourists who stayed in a pension house in Tagbi have reported sightings of a headless ghost! "Not only one or three, but almost of the 100 guests have seen the apparition of a headless ghost approaching them," says a reporter. Paranormal experts believe that spirits of dead people sometimes appear before the living without meaning, they don't know how to exist in the other dimension or they are seeking your help. So the next time you see or feel a spirit in your presence, whisper a prayer instead.
- "I warn you of this baklush who is roaming around town doing monkey business," says the green-blooded (berde og dugo) VRS. "This baklush who is a choreographer (kuno) would appear in session and tell officials that a famous DJ (of a radio station in Tagbi) is holding a variety show in town. And the baklush is the manager of the DJ who would demand P40,000-P60,000," adds VRS. "In one of his modus operandi in a town somewhere out there, unknown to the baklush, the DJ has a friend in the SB who asked the DJ if he has a show in town. The DJ denied he has a show, and he vehemently said that he would personally appear if he has one. The DJ confronted the baklush and they are now "best of friends." The baklush is still in town looking for the next victim!" warns VRS.
- A sex scandal has rocked Tagbi (again) just recently, where a radioman and a "student" are involved in the video. It was a "hot" topic of a radio program last week. The video shows their intimate moment. It's still unclear why the video was spread like fire but some gossip reporters shared that the radioman failed to support the girl. "It was not shocking though to see the radioman giving pleasure to the woman, what is shocking is to see that radioman in bed with a man! He is the man! hehehe" says one fan.
- Have you heard about Liven Coffee? It is made of the finest species of coffee arabica added with the world's first complete phyto-energizer. Coffee arabica contains less caffeine and produces better taste than coffee canephora (robusta.) The phyto-energizer is the most nutritionally dense food and anti-aging. It is the first mega-nutritionals whose ingredients work in "synergy" to produce maximum result in the body. Liven Coffee lowers cholesterol, protects against heart diseases and complications, helps prevent cancer of any origin, controls high-blood pressure., prevents degenerative diseases, reduces the risk of developing type II diabetes, promotes healthy circulation, enhances sexual vitality, detoxifies the body and enhances, nourishes and strengthens and balances the immune system. For inquiries, you can visit the AIM Global Office along Tabacco Street, Tagbilaran City or text +639165836689.
March is Fire Prevention Month in the Philippines. It reminds us all that though the discovery of fire was one of man's earliest technological discoveries, it has since claimed countless lives, destroyed properties and dilapidated spirits.
There is fire in the house! What would you save first? It's better to think about these things now, instead of, uh, during a fire, when all we could probably do is panic.
Here are some personalities in Bohol who are prepared for such a catastrophe.
Rene Relampagos, leader and public servant: My family!
Kit Oppus, city councilor: Nothing. Basta people are safe, I don't have to think of saving things, honestly. Call it crazy but for as long as I have my name and integrity intact, I can redeem everything material I can lose. After all, we are here on earth for one good reason—to fulfill what God has for us.
Rammel Cagulada, accountant: Photo album especially those pictures which are not posted on Facebook. You can see those anymore di ba?
Geff Jabines, student and model: Safety sa family. Cellphones, money ug some clothes lang siguro.
Benjie Oliva, youth leader and National Youth Commission (NYC) commissioner for Visayas: My family. They are the most important in my life.
Dr. Mary Grace Uy, dentist: My kids, then my jewelries.
Joseph Lemuel "Dongley" Camacho, government employee: I would save my life first and of course "never leave your partner behind" quote from the movie Fireproof.
Linda Paredes, consultant: My eight-year-old son.
Roger Gatal, government employee: People's lives.
Loida Lagonoy, beauty queen and entrepreneur: What has been ashened cannot be retrieved. Survival after the fire is just more vital.
Katrina Schoof-Chu, businesswoman: My bag which contains my wallet and cellphone. But if I have to be specific, probably my wallet. A cellphone would be useless if you didn't have any money. At least, I can buy a new cellphone if I had my cash and credit cards with me.
Mary Anne Aparece-Verga, DILG personnel: If I was going to lose everything because of fire, there are three possessions that I would want to save with me if I have to evacuate my house. Although not my most prized, the laptop and cellphones. Without it I couldn't do my job nor be able to communicate with my family and friends. Next would be my family photo albums. Those pictures are of our family and I want to save the memory. Lastly and most importantly would be my rosary. It's the possession I cannot live without.
Ryan Sines, hairdresser: A picture of my mama who just passed a year ago. Mao nalang na ang remembrance na nahibilin namo sa family.
Reigh Monreal, writer and private secretary to the Mayor: The wedding photo of my deceased parents. It is so precious because it is the only photo taken of them together. In fact, it is one of only three photos with me.
Jesat Cathy Duce, singer and student: My family!
Leo P. Udtohan
Be the first to comment on this article
We reserve the right to remove or edit comments posted on this website. Please read our conditions of use for details. You can use <i>italics</i>, <b>bold</b>, <p> new paragraph, <a href="url">link</a>. Other markup will be removed. Use of the forums for advertising is prohibited. Enterprises located in Bohol can request to be added to the business directory.